One of the best stops Read more [...]
Place Category: Beach Towns
Satellite Beach is one of the towns found along Florida’s “Space Coast”. The beach is located just south of Cape Canaveral and Cocoa Beach, making it one of the best places to enjoy a view of rocket launches. Due to its vicinity to the Kennedy Space Center and also because of its beautiful golden sand beach, this city is a tourist hotspot.
Unlike most coastal towns in Florida, which has a long history of European settlements, this beach only started to develop after the World War II. In 1957, it was incorporated as the area saw a huge housing boom due to the development of the Space Center.
Today, there are plenty of activities that you can enjoy when in this quaint beach town. Many residents and tourist enjoy the beautiful beach lined by the iconic A1A Coastal Highway. If yourself visiting the city, here are some of the things that you shouldn’t miss out on.
Attractions in Satellite Beach, Florida
• Hightower Beach Park – Prepare your swimming clothes and surfboards as this beach is the number one place to go when in the city. This well-maintained park offers unlimited access to the beach, clean shower areas, direct ramp access, and even free parking. In addition, Hightower Beach Park is a popular surfing destination, so if you plan to hit the waves, check this place out.
• Hangar’s Beach – If you don’t like the crowd at Hightower and looking for some peace and quiet, Hangar’s Beach is a great option.
• Rent A Kayak – If surfing is not your type of water activity, try renting a kayak. This fun water adventure will keep you moving and have fun at the same time.
• St. Johns River Wildlife Tours – Experience an adventure that is only available in Florida with the St. Johns River Wildlife Tours. This will take you to some beautiful sceneries around the city, providing access to unique Florida flora and fauna.
• Try the Renninger’s Super Flea and Farmer’s Market – This market is open every Friday – Sunday offering nearly half a mile of food, a shopping area, a beer garden, and special attractions that change each month. You will have the opportunity to enjoy some of the best local produce, art, crafts, plants, and souvenirs.
• Pelican Beach Park – Maximize your experience of the city by visiting the Pelican Beach Park. This park offers volleyball courts, basketball courts, playgrounds, picnic areas, and an easy access to the beach.
• Try your luck with deep sea fishing – Charter your own boat to experience this unique sport that many residents love, deep sea fishing and sports fishing. Get a one-on-one tutorial from some of the best in the industry.
How To Get There
If you are planning to visit this city, there are easy ways to get into the downtown area. Satellite Beach is easily accessible on Florida State Route 528 (Pineda Causeway). This highway crosses the Indian and Banana Rivers, as well as, Merritt Island. Head straight towards east from Interstate 95 and US-1. The iconic coastal highway A1A provides access from the north and south. Additionally, SR-513 (S Patrick Dr) also goes north/south right through town.