There are 23 miles of Read more [...]
Place Category: Beach Towns
Nestled on a barrier island that is located along Florida’s Atlantic Beach Coast is the beautiful and scenic city of Daytona Beach Shores. This city was formed in 1960 by an association of motel owners who are known as 2,000 Cottages. The city was later incorporated in 1967 and is proud of its golden sand, exciting waves, as well as, at least 5 and a half miles of beach.
During the 1970’s to the 1980’s the city had a massive construction and building program. Today, about 80 percent of the residents here live in high rise condominiums which offers a unequaled view of the Atlantic Ocean. The city has no manufacturing industry as it solely caters to retirement communities, resorts, and tourism. Daytona Beach Shores is most of the time confused with the larger city inland, the Daytona Beach.
Today, due to the rise of tourism-based businesses, many people drive to this beautiful seaside city to enjoy the ocean breeze.
Attractions in Daytona Beach Shores
• Visit Frank Rendon Park – The beach parks in Daytona Beach Shores are great places to relax and spend time in. This park offers excellent amenities including playgrounds, beautiful scenery, walking trails, and picnic areas. The park is well maintained and the facilities are kept clean all year round.
• Andrinopoulos Park – This park is located right on the beach and is an excellent space where kids can safely play and enjoy. This park is exceptionally maintained with clean facilities and a great place to enjoy a book or have a picnic.
• Beachcomber Park – While this park may not be exactly near the ocean, it is still a great place where you can bring your kids for some afternoon fun. You will be able to enjoy beautifully landscaped walking paths, flowers, and manicured gardens.
• Try Stand-Up Paddle Boarding – One of the best water sports in the city is stand-up paddle boarding where you try your best to keep a good balance as you row around. There are plenty of good shops which offers equipment rental, as well as, lessons.
• Surfing, Kitesurfing, and Windsurfing – If you want to experience more water sports activity, visit the different shops along the beach. There are equipment rental and lessons to just about all kinds of water sports from surfing, windsurfing, kite surfing, jet skiing, and kayaking. Trying water sports is a great way to spend time when a beach.
• Go Golfing – If you are not up for water sports, you can head to the Oceans West Golf Club for a round of tee-off. This golf course offers fresh ocean breeze to keep you cool throughout the day.
• Drive around the Lighthouse Loop – This is a scenic drive that is also used by runners and bicyclists. The lighthouse loop connects different nearby cities including Port Orange, Ponce Inlet, and Daytona Beach Shores.
How To Get There
The famous Florida highway A1A connects the city of Daytona Beach Shores to other cities. To the north of the city of Daytona Beach and Port Orange is located to the west. Interstate 95 allows you to access these cities if you are driving from north or south of Florida.