Indian Rocks Beach is Read more [...]
Place Category: Beach Towns
Belleair Beach is a nice little city nestled in a barrier island just off the coast of southwest Florida. It is connected to Largo, through a single bridge. Belleair Beach is near major cities such as Tampa, St. Petersburg, and Clearwater making it part of the metropolitan. North of the city is the beautiful Sand Key Park – that is while part of Clearwater Beach is easily accessible from Belleair Beach.
One of the best things about this small town is the white sand beachfront. Facing the calm waters of the Gulf of Mexico, the long stretch of white sand shores are major attractions for tourists and residents alike. One thing to take note, the city is made mostly or residential communities which is home to people who do not want to reside in the big cities but does work or run a business there. Belleair Beach is located just over 30 minutes away from Tampa making it very accessible.
Families and other traveling tourists will love everything about Belleair Beach. From the nice fresh air to the numerous water sports. If you are looking for a complete Florida experience, head out to this friendly town.
Attractions and Activities in Belleair Beach
- Head out to the Beach – Belleair Beach is home to some of the most beautiful white sand beachfront in southwest Florida. The beach is facing the calm waters of the Gulf of Mexico making it ideal for swimming and various water sports adventure. Although the beach front is mostly made of residential estates, there are several public beach access that tourists can use. Compared to other beaches, the area here is more private and less crowded.
- Sand Key Park – Located north of the city is Sand Key Park. Sand Key Park is geographically a part of Clearwater, however, it is easily accessible from Belleair Beach. This park features all the amenities that you need to have an amazing family outing. The park features an unmatched view of the sunset over the Gulf of Mexico. Here you can also check out the Florida wildlife.
- Drive through the Gulf Boulevard – Whether on a scooter or your own car, Florida’s Gulf Boulevard features a lovely scenery and fresh air. The city enjoys mostly sunny days all year, so tourists get to enjoy the outdoors at all times.
- Visit Clearwater Beach – North of Belleair is Clearwater Beach, where you can meet a crowd of water lovers from all around the world. There are plenty of activities to try out here from fun water adventures such as jet skiing, parasailing, kayaking, and paddle boarding. There are also numerous cruises from the marina where you can check out the beautiful coastline of Florida’s southwest.
- Visit Other Towns – There are plenty of other towns and cities to check aside from the big ones like Tampa and Clearwater. Down south, you can check out the cities of Indian Shores and Indian Rocks. Here there are several nature parks, beaches, museums, and dining options to pick.
To reach Belleair Beach, the best route from downtown Tampa. Cross Florida’s Highway 275 over Old Tampa Bay to Largo. Take Exit 31 and US 686/Roosevelt Boulevard, continue on E Bay Dr towards Belleair Bluffs and Belleair Causeway towards Belleair Beach.